Saturday, December 5, 2015

End of Semester (finally) Self Assessment

Looking back at the semester, I’m ultimately proud of myself for having tackled both Children's Literature and Adolescent Literature. Yes, I would have been able to do better had I taken the classes individually, but that was not the case. I’m a little disappointed in myself for having missed the assignments I did, it all goes down to having the time and I didn’t. I’ve had a rough semester and admittedly a tough time adjusting to the amount of work expected of me at university. My most effective piece this semester has to be my response to The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian. It was also the most difficult piece I think that I have ever written in my life. I wrote many drafts, until I figured out that I had to be honest in my writing or it just wouldn’t work. It was difficult writing about something so close to my heart and my home. It was a lot different than what I believe to be my best critical piece, which was on Jumpstart the World. Though I spent probably an equal amount of hours on each piece, there's something to be said about being able to take a step back when writing. I’m calling this semester a success and I’m hoping that my grades reflect that.

Here is the permalink to the complete list of books with tags that I read this semester, most of them have reviews as well!
Library Thing Book List

No comments:

Post a Comment