Saturday, October 3, 2015

Reading Response the Sixth One

Our assignment has been changed, so I won't be posting paragraph long responses to the picture books as often, unless I have the time or a book really speaks to me. Starting this week, I will be posting about 5 or 6 (this week it's 7!) books, but I will only be writing a couple sentences about each one. My short reviews and star ratings are posted on LibraryThing, where my handle is cabaty if anyone is interested to see everything I am reading for my YA and Children's Lit classes as well as for pleasure.

I don't have time to post the pictures of each book this week, but hopefully I'll get time to update this later.


Clara and Asha
Everything about this book is beautiful. Imagination is shown playing in every word and every picture. The fun and warmth a child finds in an imaginary friend is very real.


Who Wants a Cheap Rhinoceros?
What would you do with a pet rhinoceros? This is a very important question and a wonderful one to bring up at a very boring dinner party. Remember, sometimes it's important to take time and just be silly.


Tikki Tikki Tembo I remembered being told this story when I was young. When I see a familiar story for my childhood, I like to pick it up and read it with grown-up eyes. I still giggled. Politeness isn't so important when your brother is drowning.


Knuffle Bunny
No one likes to misplace their best friend and it's even worse when you can't even talk yet! The importance of communication is big part of this lovely and engaging book.


Strega Nona's Gift
Oh, Big Anthony, at least you make amends. This magical book illustrates to children that even when you have done something wrong, you can and should make amends. This book also shows me that I need to read more Strega Nona books.


Gila Monsters Meet You at the Airport
Moving can be scary! Especially when you have a lot of wrong ideas about a place! For anyone who has or will move to a new place, you should read this book first. It's terribly easy to make assumptions, but you might end up being way off base. Fear can make anyone believe some pretty silly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment