Tuesday, September 15, 2015

This Weeks Reading List (4)

It has come to my attention that I have done a disservice by not mentioning what is being used as textbooks for these classes. 

My Children's Literature source book is:
In Defense of Read-Aloud
by Steven L. Layne

My Adolsent/YA Literature source books are:
Deeper Reading
by Kelly Gallagher
-and-
Book Love
by Penny Kittle

With that done, I can move on to my reading list for this week. For my Children's Lit class we didn't have a theme by which we had to choose our books. Yay freedom! Well, a little freedom anyway. As usual there is a required book for Children's Lit and one for YA Lit. It was still really lovely to get to choose a few picture books in my favored way, by roaming the stacks and plucking random titles from the shelf until I have five selected. 

YA Lit book for the week:
Out of the Easy
by Ruta Sepetys

Children's Lit books for the week:
Esperanza Rising (chapter book)
by Pam Muñoz Ryan

On Mothers Lap (picture book)
written by Ann Herbert Scott illustrated by Glo Coalson

The Aunts Go Marching (picture book)
written and illustrated by Maurie J. Manning

The Lonely Book (picture book)
written by Kate Bernheimer illustrated by Chris Sheban

The Serpent Came to Gloucester (picture book)
written by M.T. Anderson illustrated by Bagram Ibatoulline

Baba Yaga (picture book)
retold and illustrated by Katya Arnold

That's all for this week! Next week is going to be really exciting as it will be my reading list for banned books week!

No comments:

Post a Comment