Sunday, August 30, 2015

"What I Saw and How I Lied" Plot Synopsis

This week for my YA Lit class, I had to read What I Saw and How I Lied and write a plot synopsis. I will be posting a reading list for the week soon, probably. Since I had to change my schedule around, I am now taking YA Lit as well as Children's Lit so my reading lists will be combined. For today, I am simply posting my plot synopsis and maybe updating my LibraryThing.

SPOILERS!

What I Saw and How I Lied By Judy Blundell
A book that is meant to be devoured all at once, What I Saw and How I Lied takes one on the twists and turns of a young girl’s post World War II life. Normally a 15 year old girl would be ecstatic to have her father home from the war and young Evie is just that, for a while. Everything changes when Evie’s father, Joe, who is continually dodging calls from a mystery man, takes the family on a spur of the moment trip down to Florida. Things are going wonderfully for Evie as she meets her first love, Peter, an older man of 23 who treats her with such kindness that she can’t help but swoon. With her mother as chaperone, the three spend a lot of time together until Evie’s mother catches them necking and all hell breaks loose. Peter, in a fit of honesty comes clean to Evie about his shady past with her father while overseas, he had been the man Joe had been trying to avoid. Even the weather gets involved in this family matter. With a hurricane on the way Evie’s mother and father take Peter out on dangerous waters. They emerge after the storm, but without Peter who had supposedly fallen overboard. Police and townsfolk are suspicious and an inquiry begins with Evie’s businesslike father and bombshell mother at the center. Evie learns of an affair, Peter wasn’t her love, he was her mothers. To protect what remains of her family, Evie must lie on the stand. She does what she must to protect what she needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment