Friday, June 4, 2010

Unpacking*

*this is not a metaphor... maybe it is...


I moved to Houston. I left Auberry on Wednesday, May 26th. I spent two days in San Francisco then drove down to Phoenix. I stayed in Phoenix for nearly three days and then made my way towards Houston. Because I left so late Monday night, I only made it to New Mexico. I drove the rest of the way on Tuesday and arrived at my new home in Houston a little after 5am Wednesday morning.

Then, I slept. Though, not too long. Wednesday afternoon I had lunch with my friend Chris. We sat at the diner for a few hours and talked. It was great to catch up with someone I hadn't seen in such a long time.

Between my last post and now I've had a pretty eventful couple of months though, nothing I really want to go over. Family drama is still going strong and though I feel as if I'm deserting the not crazy parts of my family, it is for my own sanity. I was slowly losing little bits of myself. I can list reasons to why I left Auberry, there are a lot... or, at least... I have a lot of reasons that I use in place of what may or may not be the truth. I haven't decided yet. The opportunity arose for me to leave and so, I did.

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday. I received quite a few birthday wishes and had a nice dinner with my new roommates. I got phone calls from family singing me 'Happy Birthday!' and texts from many of my friends. This year is better than last year but, I can't help but feel a little melancholy. Perhaps it's because of the move, I've never lived so far away from my family before.

Anyway, it's now 4:30 in the morning and I need to get some sleep. I might add to this later. Probably not though.

<3
Catherine

No comments:

Post a Comment